December 2018 School Holidays Workshops, Programmes, Activities & Courses in Singapore For Primary & Secondary School Students.
Effective studying is the one element guaranteed to produce good grades in school. But, it’s ironic that the one thing almost never taught in school is how to study effectively.
- Overcoming Procrastination
- Getting Organised to Study
- Reducing External Interference
- Using Whole and Part Learning Systems
- Master The Power of the PQRST Method
- Top 5 Powerful Study Tips to Achieve Your Goal
Examination or Test Taking Strategies
Studying is only a part of getting good results on your exam. No matter how hard you study as a student if you don’t know how to go about taking a test, whether multiple choice or essay, you won’t score the highest possible mark.
- How to Prepare Before The Test
- Mindset While Doing The Test
- Post Test Evaluation
- Calming Anxiety
- Minimising the Risk of Careless Mistakes
Note Taking Skills & Strategies
Good note taking is essential, but what’s not essential is writing down every tiny detail in a in class when the teacher is teaching. Its is crucial for students to find a system of taking notes that works with their learning style, thus enabling them to always keeping it simple.
- Taking Notes: When & Where
- Effective Strategies for Note Taking in The Classroom
- Note Taking Strategies While Studying
- The 5 R’s of Note Taking: Record, Reduce, Recite, Reflect, Review
Time Management Skills
There are 168 hours each week. With classes, activities, study, and free time, planning becomes essential to get things done. A few time management tools of the student’s choosing can help them organize their time efficiently.
- Figure Out What a Week Looks Like
- The Myth of Multi-Tasking
- Creating A Plan
- Keeping Your Plan In Sight
- How Not To Deviate From Your Plan
Taking Charge of Homework
What’s the point of homework? In a word: practice. Homework helps students embed the knowledge and perfect the skills they need to succeed.
- Avoid the Procrastination Trap
- Finding The Motivation To Do The Homework
- Getting into ” The Zone” & Staying There
- Creating a Proper Homework Environment for Continued Success
As important as they are, basic memory techniques are study ingredients least likely to be taught in Singapore Secondary schools, even in a study skills course. So while the better Secondary schools & teachers in Singapore might help your child with reading, writing, organising, & test strategies, far too many of them will “forget” to help your child with their memory. How quickly a Secondary school student gets through their reading material is immaterial. What’s material is how much of the material gets through to those students.
- The Best 7 Memory Techniques You will ever need to be a Memory Master
- Eliminate Rote Memorisation; Saving Valuable Study Time
- Store Information in their Long-term Memory
- Triple Your Recall Ability
- Developing & Applying Unique & Personalised Memorisation Strategy
- Incorporating Both Sides of The Brain For Rapid Memorisation Improve Concentration, Observation & overcome Absent-mindedness
- Practice Mental Filling to Prevent Yourself from “Blanking Out” or Mental Blockages During Exams
Mind Mapping Excellence
Mind Mapping is a visual thinking tool and note-taking technique used to stimulate you to think, learn and communicate more effectively and efficiently.
- How to Produce Your Own Mind Maps
- Organising your Study Notes Using Mind Maps
- Rules of Mind Mapping
- When to Use Mind Maps
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Mind Mapping
Critical Thinking Skills
Critical thinking is the process of evaluating the evidence supporting an idea by using logic and reason. This is one of the skills that separates the good student and a great student.
- Understanding Critical Thinking & It’s Benefits
- Applying Critical Thinking Skills in Your School & Social Lives
- Succeeding With The Critical Thinking Process
Mental Concentration & Focus Skills
To concentrate is to direct one’s mental efforts, towards a particular activity. With good concentration & Focus, students will be able to achieve almost anything they set their mind too without deviating .
- Practical Concentration Boosting Exercises
- The Wandering Mind Is A Friend & An Enemy
- Increasing The length of Focus One Session At A Time
or drop us a message below
2018 December School Holidays Activities, December School Holiday Programmes 2018, December 2018 School Holidays Workshops & Courses in Singapore, December 2018 School Holiday Courses in Singapore, Singapore School Holiday Workshops & Courses, December School Holiday Programs in Singapore for primary school and secondary school students.
Study Skills Article
Studying can be an overwhelming undertaking for some understudies. Be that as it may, in the event that you need to prevail in your exams, studying is an unquestionable requirement. To get the most out of studying, you need powerful study skills. There numerous things that you can do to make studying more successful and fulfilling. The following are a rundown of study skills intended to help you.
Powerful Study Skills
Influence a Study To plan.
Make a timetable for studying and stick to it. On the off chance that conceivable, endeavor to study in the meantime consistently. Your cerebrum will connect the season of day with studying and it will be less demanding for you to get into the study temperament.
Locate a Quiet Place To Study.
There are a couple of individuals who can study in a loud situation. In any case it is best to discover a place where you can study with next to zero diversions. The less diversion you have, the more you can focus.
Have Small Snacks on Hand
Studying can make you very eager, particularly when you are grinding away for quite a while. Guarantee you have snacks available to crunch on while you study. It will keep up your focus levels and you won’t be always considering what you will eat when you are through. It likewise spares you the season of getting up to discover a remark.
Disregard the Gadgets.
Your mobile phone, portable PC or tablet can be a noteworthy diversion amid your study time. It can be difficult to oppose tolerating a call from your closest companion and additionally verifying whether you got a tweet or a message on Facebook. In this manner, turn off your devices previously you start studying and guarantee they remain off the whole time.
Take Frequent Breaks
Never study for a considerable length of time. You mind will end up noticeably worn out and you will wind up plainly baffled. Rather, take 5-10 minute breaks each thirty minutes. Doing this will keep up your focus level.
Frame a Study Group
Studying in a gathering can be very successful. Sharing and talking about thoughts improves your learning background. Different individuals from the gathering may comprehend something that you didn’t. Joining a study gathering can likewise keep you propelled and it is additionally more energizing than studying alone.
Utilizing acronyms to review data can make studying more fun. An acronym is a concocted mix of letters. For instance ROY G.BIV is a typical acronym to recollect the shades of the rainbow. Make your own acronyms with words that are entertaining and simple to recollect.
Make a Mock Test
Make a taunt trial of the considerable number of inquiries that you believe are probably going to be on your exam paper and endeavor to answer them without the assistance of your notes and course readings. This can enable you to get more arranged and furthermore help you to take a shot at your feeble territories.
Studying does not need to overwhelm or exhausting assignment. Truth be told, it can be very fun and intriguing. On the off chance that you need to be fruitful in your exams you have to create powerful study skills. Executing these skills will build your self-assurance and put you one stage ahead.